Cancer, Health and Diet Related News
What can you tell yourself that you don’t already know? A whole lot.
In the privacy of your mind you constantly talk to yourself. Your inner monologue might seem pointless at times, but the truth is the act of talking to yourself can help you learn and maintain a positive lifelong trajectory. Therefore, collected below are six effective topics for self-talk, so the next time you talk to yourself you will know exactly what to say.
Final Reminder: We recently released the Audio Book for 1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently. And we also have a limited time bundle of our eBook, audio book and bonus material on sale for a big discount. Click here to check it out!1. What you love.
When it comes to lifelong labors and dreams, lukewarm is no good. Hot is no good either. White hot and passionate is the only way to work and live.
Invest your thoughts and time in the things you love. Don’t wait around for too long to get involved in something that moves you. Realize how important it is to be an enthusiast in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, explore it. Get up and go after it. Embrace it, hug it, love it, and above all, let your passion flow freely.
The most important decision you will ever make is what you do with the limited time that has been given to you. Before you know it you’ll be asking, “How did it get so late so soon?” So put your thoughts and time to good use, and let yourself (more…)
Cookout season is upon us and burger lovers and vegetarians alike will clamor for these flavorful and filling veggie versions of our favorite grillable main.
Making your own veggie burgers is easier than it sounds and such a resourceful way to use leftovers that we’re not sure why we don’t make them more often. These burgers also freeze well so you can have an easy, vegetarian-friendly addition on hand all summer.
Note: Veggie burgers should bind together well before baking, but can be reassembled if they break during an overzealous flip.
To Bind and to Hold
Something soft and mashable that can be used as binder is essential.
- Steamed potatoes or sweet potatoes can be mashed with other ingredients to hold the burgers together.
- Cooked whole grains add bulk to the burger, offering great texture.
- Ground nuts and seeds act as flavorful binders, too, giving veggie burgers a heft often relegated to meat-based burgers.
- Raw oatmeal can help to pull a looser veggie burger together.
- Cooked beans can be mashed to serve as a binder or left whole for more texture.
Add to the Mix
Fresh herbs and veggies enhance the texture of veggie burgers and spices and pantry staples (like capers, olives and nuts) add to the fun.
- Chopped fresh herbs and spices can help to tie a veggie burger theme together – use cilantro and curry powder for Indian-inspired burgers and parsley and olives for Mediterranean-inspired patties.
- Mix in thawed frozen peas or diced raw bell peppers for bright color and texture.
- Capers and diced gherkins up the savory quotient.
Top and Serve
While ketchup and mustard are fine, these flavor-packed veggie burgers give you an excuse to experiment.
- Blend wasabi powder, fresh basil or curry powder into mayonnaise.
- Slice ripe avocados and shred Swiss chard for a fun spin on the traditional tomato and lettuce garnish.
- Grill red onion rings and bell peppers alongside your veggie burgers over the fire.
- Serve veggie burgers atop a bed of greens, open-faced on toast or classically between buns.
Have you ever made your own veggie burgers? Share your tips and techniques in the comments section below.
This has to be the most ridiculous way to eat candy that I have ever seen in my life!
Yes, let’s teach kids to put together a toilet and then eat from it……
Foaming toilet candy none-the-less!
You’re welcome for the appetite suppressant!
We have covered a few strange Japanese food items over the years, but this has to be the strangest.
I love Japanese people and their food in general, but this is something I just don’t culturally understand, I guess.
Would you eat foaming candy from a toilet?
Found on Laughing Squid